Foundations of faith
1. The Bible – We believe that the Bible and that one only is the true Word of God.
(2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21)
2. The Trinity – The Doctrine of the Holy Trinity: the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ) and the Holy Spirit.
(Genesis 1:26, Matthew 28:19, 3:16-17)
3. Jesus Christ – We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He was incarnate on earth as the true God and man at the same time. He was the only man that had lived a sinless life.
(John 1:1, 1:14, 20:28 и 1 Timothy 3:16)
4. Virgin Birth – Virgin Mary has conceived Jesus Christ directly of God through the divine act of the Holy Spirit.
(Mathew 1:18, 1:20, Luke 1:35)
5. Repentance from sins and personal aspiration toward the name of Jesus Christ are prerequisites for forgiveness of sins.
6. Sanctification – as a progressive commitment to God for the purpose of becoming like Christ.
(1 Thessalonians 4:3, 5:23)
7. Salvation – We are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, his death, burial and resurrection. Salvation is a free gift of God and cannot be earned with good works or human merits.
(Thessalonians 2:8-9, Galatians 2:16, Titus 3:5).
8. Christ’s Blood – The blood which has been shed by Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary washes our sins away. Jesus has taken all sins of the mankind upon himself.
(1 John 1:7, Revelations 1:5, 5:9).
9. Christ resides in all believers. A Christian is a person who has invited the Lord Jesus Christ to come and live in him. The Christian trusts in the merits of Christ who died, was buried and rose again for his sake.
(John 14:17, 14:23, 1:12, 15:4).
10. Resurrection – We believe that Jesus Christ has risen from the dead on the third day after his death on the cross. A day will come when all believers in Christ will also rise up in order to receive their award, that is, the eternal life with God in heaven.
(Luke 24:36, 24:39, Thessalonians 3:21, 1 Corinthians 15:42, 15:44)
11. Heaven – is the place of eternal life for all believers.
(2 Corinthians 5:1, 1 Peter 1:4)
12. Hell – sinners are judged by God after their physical death and then placed to hell.
(Hebrews 9:27, Mathews 25:41)
13. Water Baptism – The Word of God declares that believers in the Lord Jesus Christ should be baptized in water in His name.
(Matthew 28:19, John 1:26, Acts 2:38)
14. The Holy Communion – is a special time of commemoration in God’s presence with a piece of bread and a sip of wine as symbols of the body and the blood of Jesus Christ.
(1 Corinthians 11:23-25, Mark 14:22-25.)
15. The Second Coming – Jesus Christ will come to earth the second time to establish his kingdom. His coming will be apparent to everybody. The date is not revealed in the Scripture.
(Revelation 1:7, Acts 1:9-11).
16. Healing of the Sick – In his life and ministry, Jesus Christ healed the sick. Jesus commanded his disciples to do the same. This sign accompanies the believers.
(Matthew 8:16-17, Acts 8:6-7, Mark 16:17-18)
17. Baptism in the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues. Those have been given on the day of Pentecost as a promise of the Father which has fulfilled after Jesus Christ had risen from the dead in order to empower church in preaching of the Gospel throughout the world. The purpose is to empower the believers, strengthen their prayer life and serve as a sign to the nonbelievers.
(Acts 2:17, 2:38-39, Mark 16:17, John).